How do I set the nodename field in USG 3.0 Unix uname?

Chris DeVoney chris at que.UUCP
Thu Aug 1 03:37:24 AEST 1985

> We have just upgraded to Microsoft Xenix 3.0, which is near enough to USG 3.0
> as no matter.  News software, when compiled for USG, looks at the return status
> of the uname(2) system call (around MS they call it uname(S), but it's the same
> call).
>
> My question is, should I patch uname.c to compile in the fake uname(), or
> else how do I go about informing the kernel of our node name?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --bsa (new at this nonsense)
> --
> Brandon Allbery, Unix Consultant -- 6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, OH 44131
> decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa; ncoast!bsa at case.csnet; +1 216 524 1416; 74106,1032

I have done this for XENIX. I have mailed the instruction to Brandon. If
you would like a copy (the instructions are somewhat verbose), e-mail a request
and I'll e-mail it back rather than clutter this group. If enough requests come
in, I'll post.

Chris DeVoney				voice: 317/842-7162
Que Corporation				uucp:  ihnp4!inuxc!que!chris
Indianapolis, IN

#include <trademarks.all>		/* you know what these are for */
#include <disclaimer.all>