Cray-2 Overview, extracted from "Cray Channels"

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Fri Aug 2 03:40:05 AEST 1985

> One CRAY-2 has more memory than all CRAY-1 and CRAY X-MP computers installed
> to date! (they just shipped their 100th system)

	They've shipped 100 systems, and you really expect people to buy
one of these?  Hey, it may be nice to have a low S/N unit so you can show
off a few years from now, but I'd rather wait until they get into real
production and have the teething problems worked out.  :-)
--
Roy Smith <allegra!phri!roy>
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016