Bitnet gateway software?

Romain Kang romain at pyrnj.uucp
Wed Aug 21 02:13:47 AEST 1985

In article <1613 at watdcsu.UUCP>, dmcanzi at watdcsu.UUCP (David Canzi) writes:
> My guess is that the authors of UREP are no longer at PSU and that
> nobody at PSU wants to maintain UREP.

I've heard rumors that the author of UREP, Robert M. Owens,
left PSU some time back and is now somewhere at the University of
Maryland.  I also know someone who talked to Dave Eckhart at Penn State
last spring; he reports that PSU is moving towards Ethernet.  The
implication was that they would cease using UREP.

In the way of Ethernet, Spartacus (1-800-LAN-KNET) claims to be
able to provide all the functionality necessary to get you between
Unix and VM.  I guess you would still need your VM to talk to BITNET.
--

--Romain Kang, Pyramid Technology Corporation

US Mail:	900 Route 9, Woodbridge, NJ  07095
Ma Bell:	(201) 750-2626
UUCPnet:	{allegra,cmcl2,princeton,topaz}!pyrnj!romain