Alternate Shells

Michael k Notch notch at srcsip.UUCP
Fri Aug 30 04:42:19 AEST 1985

To: david at wisc-rsch.arpa
Subject: Re: Alternate Shells
Newsgroups: net.unix
Bcc:

In article <275 at uwvax.UUCP> you write:

>> Next joke, please.   Suffice it  to say  that "lock"  isn't nearly as
>> secure as  it might  lead you  to believe.   This  probably isn't the
>> place  to  go  into  the  details  of why,  but I  wouldn't trust the
>> standard "lock" to protect anything I valued.
>
>>           Doug Hosking

If you could, could you send me the entire new program that you have made
to fix the locking problems. I am very interested in these problems and if
there are anymore fixes you think I might like, please feel to send them.
Thanks in advance.

--
    But...   What about Naomi?

USENET:   ihnp4!umn-cs!srcsip!notch
US-SMAIL: Michael k Notch (The small k is on purpose)
 	   MN17-2349   [1-612-378-5338]
 	   Honeywell Inc. Systems & Research Center
	   2600 Ridgeway Parkway NE
	   Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440