Kermit (Re: Communication between UNIX and IBM System 38?)

Bob Larson blarson at oberon.UUCP
Thu Dec 12 17:18:34 AEST 1985

Although the kermit information in the article I am replying to is
(as far as I know) correct, I find it easier to get kermit and kermit
information via computer networks.

I don't think there is currently a kermit version for the IBM System 38.

There is an info-kermit mailing list, gatewayed onto usenet as
mod.protocols.kermit.  (formerly fa.info-kermit)  This list
anounces new versions, discusses bugs, protocol enhancements, etc.
submissions to info-kermit at cu20b.columbia.edu.

Arpa: Anonymous ftp ker:aaread.me (I'm not sure of the name, but it starts
with aa) from cu20b for instructions on how to get files.

Bitnet: There is a bitnet server that has most versions of kermit (slightly
behind arpanet).  I'll post how to get help if there is interest.

Uucp: okstate has an anonymous login to distribute kermit.  I'll post details
if there is interest.

Tapes: Tapes of all current versions are available from columbia in serveral
common formats.  They used to charge $100, but that was when they all fit on
one 1600 bpi tape.

Frank daCruz can answer kermit questions, (at the above request address) but
I'm sure he would apriciate it if you look at the readme files etc. first.

--
Bob Larson
Arpa: Blarson at Usc-Ecl.Arpa