Ultrix questions

George R. Boyce george at cornell.UUCP
Thu Dec 5 08:15:36 AEST 1985

A few questions about Ultrix...

Does anyone have a list of software which supports the ln03 laser printer
from Ultrix? I've been waiting to hear that the VMS TeX driver has been
converted from PL/I to C to run under Ultrix. Sigh, why would a DEC
programmer use PL/I to develop software in the first place? No, don't
answer that one. The VMS driver was free so I shouldn't complain.

Will DEC be adding the code which supports networking across a serial
terminal line? I asked at the Spring DECUS and the answer was "sure, why
not".

More generally, how much of BSD4.3's improvement over BSD4.2 will
exist in Ultrix in the near future?