Non-ATT 'crypt(3)'

Steve Schlaifer x3171 156/224 steve at jplgodo.UUCP
Wed Dec 18 05:20:51 AEST 1985

> In article <717 at decuac.UUCP> avolio at decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
> >Let us be careful about posting something to a world-wide network that
> >might break State Department "rules."
>
> As far as I know, our State Department has no "rules" concerning crypt
> programs.
>
> ----
I have never actually seen the "rules" but I do know that system updates and
patch disks for Ridge's ROS UN*X system come in two flavors; one for U.S.
distribution and the other for foreign distribution.  I have been told that
the only difference between them is the encryption algorithm used.

	Steve Schlaifer {smeagol|group3}!jplgodo!steve