BOOKS: Advanced UNIX(TM) Programming

LongoMR mrl at drutx.UUCP
Tue Dec 3 01:52:04 AEST 1985

> Laura and I looked at this book at a friend's house and our opinion
> was that if you only want to write for System V, it might be OK.
> If you care about the larger Unix world, pass it up.  He seemed to
> have kind of the right attitude, but all the little details are
> wrong, and he totally ignores the non-att world.

Wow, that seems like a pretty definate statement to be offered without
examples, wouldn't you say? I would be interested to know not only
your opinion, but how you arrived at it. Note that this is not a flame.
I just bought the book and if I am going to be wasting my time, I'd rather
not read it. I would, however, like to know how you came to your conclusion.
--
			Mark R. Longo
			ihnp4!drutx!mrl