Tape controller experiences

Mike.Accetta at CMU-CS-IUS.ARPA Mike.Accetta at CMU-CS-IUS.ARPA
Fri Jan 18 03:29:53 AEST 1985

We have a number of VAX-11/7[58]0's running 4.1BSD for which we are
currently using System Industries model 9700 tape subsytem unibus
interfaces connected to a STC 1935 formatter/1953 transport
combination.  We've had mixed results (reliability-wise) with this
combination of hardware and are now considering other options.  Has
anyone had any positive/negative experiences with the same
formatter/transport pair connected to either an Emulex TC70000
controller or the SI SBI/CMI interfaces (or any other interfaces
for that matter)?

Thanks.

				- Mike Accetta