Basic for VAX/UNIX?

H. Morrow Long [Systems Center] long at ittvax.UUCP
Sun Jan 20 03:52:36 AEST 1985

> Are there any BASIC compilers/interpreters available for VAX/UNIX?
> I'd appreciate any pointers. Thanks. (AR0B at CMU-CS-A)

	We have gotten a basic interpreter from the below address.  You
	will need to send a SASE'd tape and a copy of your System V R2
	licensed to him.  It works well on our 4.2bsd Vax although the
	documentation says that it has only been tested on 4.1 and
	4.1cbsd.  There are 2 basic interpreters on the tape, one is
	from the Univ. of New Mexico.  We have been using the other
	one, which is a more complete version - looks a lot like
	applesoft (fpbasic) (it has a lot of semi-documented commands
	which appear to be promising but appear to have been rendered
	inert like an HGR that would use plot() for high res.
	graphics).

				H. Morrow Long
				ITT-ATC Systems Center, Shelton, CT

path = {allegra bunker ctcgrafx dcdvaxb dcdwest ucbvax!decvax duke eosp1
	ittral lbl-csam milford mit-eddie psuvax1 purdue qubix qumix
	research sii supai tmmnet twg uf-cgrl wxlvax yale}!ittvax!long

		For basic contact:

		Rob Kolstad
		CONVEX
		1819 Firman #151