More on XENIX ratfor

Erik Fortune erik%brandeis.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Sun Jan 6 15:16:31 AEST 1985

<Chomp>

Here to add a little more confusion to the questions about RATFOR under
XENIX on the PC/AT.  I took a look at my manuals today, and while the
body of the manual entry, discussed RATFOR as a translator from rational,
structured RATFOR into unstructured, irrational FORTRAN, the comments section
at the end of the entry said that this ratfor translator produced C code
suitable for small model compilation.  I haven't played with it at all
(I know NOTHING about RATFOR), but it looks like it actually does
generate C code.  Bizarre.  My manuals are supposedly as up to date as
they come.

                                     erik