XINU by Douglas Comer. Who distributes the source?

Rob Warnock rpw3 at redwood.UUCP
Tue Jan 22 17:58:36 AEST 1985

+---------------
+---------------

>From the publisher, Prentice-Hall. You call them up, they'll tell you
the exact address, and you send them a few bucks ($50? $100?) and they'll
send you a magtape. You will have to show them a UNIX source license,
unfortunately, since the tape is just chock full of nifty PDP-11/05
cross-tools (that run on a VAX) that contain licensed UNIX source code
(mostly the compiler, libraries, and loader).

If you can find a neighbor who already has the tape, it is legal for
you to get just the XINU sources (the stuff in the book) from them.
(When I was at Fortune, one of the guys wanted to use it in a class,
and we checked with Comer about it. 'S cool.) The XINU source itself
doesn't need a UNIX license, natch. (Hmmm... that "o.k." was for personal,
research, or educational use. For commercial use, better check again
with P-H or Comer about copyright.)

Rob Warnock
Systems Architecture Consultant

UUCP:	{ihnp4,ucbvax!dual}!fortune!redwood!rpw3
DDD:	(415)572-2607
USPS:	510 Trinidad Lane, Foster City, CA  94404