Basic for VAX/UNIX?

rad at mitre-bedford.ARPA rad at mitre-bedford.ARPA
Mon Jan 21 10:20:42 AEST 1985

Here are two messages that I found with sources for VAX/UNIX basic
interpreters.  I imagine that Rob has been too busy this week to
answer this himself, as I think he's one of the Usenix chairpeople...
Rob's is cheaper, but Tina's is more up-to-date and is set for 4.2.  I
can't judge for you which one (UBC or UNM) you'd like better.  The UNM
version doesn't have file I/O (or didn't in the version I got from Rob,
anyway), but does have more math/matrix stuff.  Heck, they're cheap;
buy UNM's latest and get UBCs for free.

Dick Dramstad
rad at mitre-bedford
===============
     I am still distributing a year-old copy of UNM BASIC and one from
     University of British Columbia.  If you would like a tape, do the
     following: mail a tape and a copy of the front & back
     sheet of your AT&T UNIX license along with a letter that says
     "please send me BASIC" to :
	  Rob Kolstad
	  CONVEX
	  1819 Firman #151
	  Richardson, TX  75081
     Your basic tape will come back in the mail!
     ps:  One or both need to have the "jobs" stuff converted for 4.2 sites.
======================

A BASIC interpreter for 4.1 & 4.2 bsd UNIX *
is available from the University of New Mexico.
Send:
	a copy of your Unix license and a check for $50 US
	payable to the University of New Mexico
To:
	BASIC
	c/o Tina Lopez, Development Group
	UNM Computing Center
	2701 Campus Boulevard
	University of New Mexico
	Albuquerque, NM 87131
	ucbvax!unmvax!unm-cvax!tina
Get:
	source for 4.1 and/or 4.2 bsd version of interpreter
	in tar format 1600 bpi tape, & documentation.