overview of DR.Dobbs 11/84 to 6/85

Werner Uhrig werner at ut-ngp.UUCP
Thu Jan 24 13:00:28 AEST 1985

[bugs - there is a reason for everything (I guess)]

just a quick overview, in case you missed reading page 4 in Dec 84 issue ...

NOV-84	p74 - A Guide to Resources for the C Programmer.
		including a bibliography and lists of program and product
		sources, this resource guide can help you start tackling the
		material available.

DEC-84	the theme of the issue is "INSIDE UNIX".  relevant articles are:
	p24 - Varieties of Unix.  a comparitive overview ov Unixes for micros
		with a brief history of Unix and comments on its future,
		plus a guide to choosing a Unix
	p38 - Unix Device Drivers. Version 7 drivers are the point of departure
		for this inside look at the Unix I/O subsystem and device
		drivers.
	p50 - A Unix Internals Bibliography.  .. so you won't have to "grep
		for it"
	p96 - C/Unix Programmer's Notebook.

JAN-85	theme: FATTEN YOUR MAC - step by the step instructions to increase RAM
		in the Macintosh to 512K

FEB-85	Gala Anniversary Issue 100 months of DDJ

Mar-85	theme: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR MICROCOMPUTERSand announcement
		of the winner of the AI-competition.

APR-85	theme: HUMAN INTERFACE DESIGN

MAY-85	theme: GRAPHICS ALGORITHM

JUN-85	theme: SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS ISSUE

[PS:  has anyone approached some of the magazine publishers to see if they are
	willing to provide TOCs in advance of publication, or whenever, in
	machine-readable form?  I'm sure they could as they have it in their
	machines, and it sure wouldn't hurt their sales.  and as it is
	welcome information for us that does not require typing, I'm sure
	that noone would consider such postings as improper advertising.
	Dr Dobbs headquarters seem to be located in Palo Alto, if someone
	there wouldn't mind making a local call there to ask the question]