RCS vs SCCS - a MAJOR misconception

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.UUCP
Mon Jan 7 14:49:03 AEST 1985

> To wit:  everybody in the (net) universe seems to believe that RCS keeps
> backwards differences, while SCCS keeps forward differences.

I believe that this all started because (if I remember correctly) there's
a statement in the RCS documentation that it uses backwards diffs for
speed.  The inference I drew from this statement was that SCCS used
forwards diffs, although I knew that it wasn't true.  Perhaps the
RCS folks were "puffing" a bit when promoting their program?

--
Ed Gould		    mt Xinu, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146