vi tabs

Chip Rosenthal chip at t4test.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 19:51:29 AEST 1985

> From: sde at mitre-bedford.ARPA
> Date: 3 Jan 85 23:28:31 GMT
>
>   |>A vi question (they don't give out complete manuals here, it seems):
>   |  Give me a break.  We hand out everything that comes from Bezerkley.
>   |Did you know enough to ask the librarian for the ex documentation too?
>
> I had asked for all documentation on vi ...
> and was told that that was all that was HERE.

No matter how you cut it, the vi documentation is horrendous document for
learning vi.  It isn't that it is so much worse than the rest of the Unix
documentation (which is pretty poor in general), but is a very important
program and deserves better.

Since we are running Eunice over VMS here, users have the option of using
EDT.  Too many people do.  ("But vi is so confusing...")

If anybody has a pointer to a good book or article on vi, I'm all ears.

--

Chip Rosenthal, Intel/Santa Clara
{cbosgd,idi,intelca,icalqa,kremvax,qubix,ucscc} ! {t4test,t12tst} ! {chip,news}