Problem with patch and infinit directories

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Sat Jan 12 13:27:53 AEST 1985

In article <4883 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
>> It turned out that I didn't create an infinit number of subdirectories
>> but rather a directory linked to itself, that is in directory A I have
>> directory B which is a symbolic link to A. As soon as I create a file
>> in A it will appear in B and B/B and B/B/B ...
>
>Aren't symbolic links delightful?

I doubt very much it was a symbolic link - he said it showed up in the
'ls' listing as a real directory.  Also, you can easily remove a
symbolic link.  I think it was a real link (only possible under 4.2 when
running as root, and VERY dangerous).

Oh - yes, symbolic links are delightful (and not in the sense you meant
it, either).

=S
--
=Spencer
	({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas at utah-cs.ARPA)