unix terminal i/o (summary)

Troy Torgerson ttorgers at udenva.UUCP
Thu Jul 11 01:44:49 AEST 1985

In article <> robg at mmintl.UUCP (Robert Goldman) writes:

>	I am very grateful to everyone on the net who responded to my
>requests for information about unix terminal i/o.  Here is a brief summary
>of the information which I received.
>
>where is it documented, and how does one get the documentation?
>	this was the real toughie.  the man page for curses gives the
>following reference:  SEE ALSO
>_Screen_Updating_and_Cursor_Movement_Optimization:_A_Library_Package_, Ken
>Arnold.
>	I had no luck getting hold of this.  I called Bell labs, and they
>didn't have it, I called UCB and they couldn't tell their tushies from their
>elbows, and I finally gave up when I found curses documentation in a
>friend's copy of the XENIX documentation.  That's a pretty good source,
>albeit cluttered by a ridiculous number of repetitions of the initials
>"IBM."  Here are some suggestions which others gave; I hope you have better
>luck than I did:
>It comes with BSD documentation (Volume 2c I think) and SVR2 (called
>"curses/terminfo" in the Programmer's Guide).  You can get SV doc by
>calling 1-800-828-UNIX I believe.
>						Michael Baldwin
>						AT&T Bell Laboratories

I have SUaCMO:ALP by K. Arnold on our system.  Try looking under
/usr/doc/curses for a file called Curses.doc.  Obviously, many of
you don't have it, so If I get more than a couple requests,
I'll post it.  It is about 80 blocks unnroffed, so I'll wait to
see if I get any requests for it.

			Troy Torgerson
			udenva!ttorgers