Is there a UNIX SVR2 random/srandom equivalent?

S.PEARSE pearse at hound.UUCP
Sat Jul 6 06:27:20 AEST 1985

Hi, I am trying to compile a program posted to the net a while back
called "insult", using kafka as pre-processor. I think insult is
a BSD-based program. It uses reference to random and srandom, producing
symbol referencing errors in the link stage of the compile.

Does anyone know what I should use in place of random and srandom?
And, what I would *really* like, does anyone have a compilation of
the most-often-used BSD to UNIX conversion tricks?? I know of a
few basic ones, like the strchr to strrchr fixes. It seems that
90% of BSD programs can be converted to SYSV with just #include
changes and a few other things. Please send mail to me or post
BSD-UNIX summary to the net. Thanks!

--
Steve Pearse
ihnp4!hound!pearse