Lint Libraries

Paul S. R. Chisholm psc at lzwi.UUCP
Fri Jul 26 08:21:51 AEST 1985

< I can use my magic to change the color to red -- but I don't do windows. >

In article <331 at isucs1.UUCP>, russell at isucs1.UUCP writes:
>                                                . . . I have yet to find a
> way to convert the lint library to a human readable form (like has been done
> to the standard libraries).
>	Russell B. Jorgensen	{umn-cs,okstate,csu-cs}!isucs1!russell

The readable lint libraries (e.g., /usr/lib/llib-lc or /usr/lib/llib-lc.c)
aren't created from the binaries; the binaries are created from the
readable versions.
You can create a (binary) lint library from a .c file with 'lint -c' on
System V Release 2.0, or by hacking at the /usr/bin/lint shell script
(beware the magic -H flag, which remembers where it stores common
messages about header files; just zap it each time).
--
       -Paul S. R. Chisholm       The above opinions are my own,
       {pegasus,vax135}!lzwi!psc  not necessarily those of any