Xinu anyone?

Jim Rosenberg jr at sesame.UUCP
Sun Jul 28 15:12:42 AEST 1985

My news address is somewhat unstable, so please excuse if this question was
just answered on the net.  I seem to recall someone asking about Xinu a few
weeks back.  I would like to get in touch with anyone hacking Xinu.  I
understand that there is a tape with the source code available, but you need a
Unix source license (which I don't have) because the cross-development tools
have AT&T code in them.  Does anyone have a machine readable form of just the
published code?  Am particularly interested in a port to the 8086 instruction
set.
     Is there such a thing as a Xinu users group?  Any interest in one?  I'm
intrigued by the idea of somehow making Xinu and MS-DOS co-resident in some
fashion -- and just using the native DOS file system as is.  If anyone is
doing this I'd love to be in touch.
     If you know where I can get the Xinu code, or just want to correspond,
please reply by uucp-mail to the address below because I read news on
out-of-town machines by long distance.  Thanks.

 Jim Rosenberg
 Voice: (412) 785-2806
 uucp: {decvax!idis,allegra}!pitt!amanuen!jr
 CIS: 71515,124
 USsnail: R. D. #1 Box 236, Grindstone, PA 15442