How do I set the nodename field in USG 3.0 Unix uname?

Brandon Allbery bsa at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Jul 30 12:46:41 AEST 1985

We have just upgraded to Microsoft Xenix 3.0, which is near enough to USG 3.0
as no matter.  News software, when compiled for USG, looks at the return status
of the uname(2) system call (around MS they call it uname(S), but it's the same
call).

My question is, should I patch uname.c to compile in the fake uname(), or
else how do I go about informing the kernel of our node name?

Thanks in advance,

--bsa (new at this nonsense)
--
Brandon Allbery, Unix Consultant -- 6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, OH 44131
decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bsa; ncoast!bsa at case.csnet; +1 216 524 1416; 74106,1032