$path vs $PATH

Jim Scardelis frodo at wcom.UUCP
Sat Jun 1 12:19:01 AEST 1985

> Okay, UNIX gurus, can somebody tell me about the differences
> (in csh) between the shell variable $path and the environment
> variable $PATH ???
> 	...tektronix!tekred!ronbe (Ron Bemis)

	My understanding is that only the format of the two variables
is different, with both containing the same information, because
csh automatically sets $PATH when you set $path.

	(At least my Xenix 3.0 manual seems to say so....)

				Jim Scardelis
--

uucp: {vax135|ihnp4}!timeinc!wcom!frodo
ARPA: 1891 at NJIT-EIES.MAILNET@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA