Relational DBMS's for UNIX (info & prdt dscrption)

Philip W. Dalrymple pwd at pid.UUCP
Mon Jun 17 21:16:17 AEST 1985

In article <180 at umcp-cs.UUCP> kelso at umcp-cs.UUCP (Stephen Kelley) writes:
>Replace this line with your message

>See UNIX REVIEW Dec/Jan and Feb/March 1984 for a two part article by John
>Roland reviewing UNIX DBMS's.
>
>In addition to Ingres, Oracle, Informix, Unify and Mistress you should
>consider the RUBIX DBMS ( which is reviewed in the above article ) .

We have been OEM's for RUBIX for over two years now and use it on all
of our products.  The system is very easy to learn (it takes less than
a week for someone with 'c' AND UNIX to pick it up). We started using
it because it was the only DBMS we could get at that time which ran on
the fortune systems and had a c interface.  One warning RUBIX is very
UNIX friendly the training needed for a novice to use RUBIX is to teach
him how to use UNIX.  Also PREFIX which was mentitioned in the
original article is undergoing great changes so check with ITI for full
details.

If anyone would like to talk to a user of RUBIX send me mail.

>The RUBIX people are:
>
>                        Infosystems Technology, Inc.
>                              6301 Ivy Lane
>                                Suite 714