(Wicat) Serial Driver Wanted

David Reisner @shine dar at telesoft.UUCP
Wed Jun 12 16:31:00 AEST 1985

Looking for a System V Serial Driver

Hi,

I'm helping some friends at a non-profit institution put a Central Data
Corporation "Intelligent Octal Serial Interface" (on board buffers,
multicharacter transfers, etc.) into their Wicat Model 156 (68k,
Multibus Unix machine).  They are currently running Wicat's Release 2.4
Unix, and they will soon be switching to Wicat's System V port.  (I don't
know whether Wicat's System V port is "standard";  Their 'Version 7' port
certainly isn't.)

Ideally, I would like a working Wicat driver for the Central Data
serial card.  Second on my list would be a working Wicat serial driver
for some other card which supports more than one minor device number.
Tied for third would be a working non-Wicat driver for the Central Data
card and a working Wicat serial driver.  Both Wicat and System V related
data (especially access to expertise) would be very useful.

If you can provide a driver, a pointer to a driver, or sage council, I
would very much appreciate hearing from you.  Please respond by mail.

(I am C, driver, and Unix literate.  I basically understand Unix drivers,
 but I've never written one, and the Wicat non-documented, non-standard
 strangeness throws me.)

Thank you Very Much.

-David
sdcsvax!telesoft!dar