Printers & Binary data

Andrew Gideon A.ANDY at SU-GSB-WHY.ARPA
Thu May 23 07:03:14 AEST 1985

Help.

I have a flter to print .DVI files on our laser printers.  It works
perfectly when the printer is on the network, but if the printer
being used is directly connected to the VAX (4.2 bsd), it workth
not.

My guess is that the printer driver's manipulations are doing
damage to the data being sent to the printer.  I thought to
elliminate this by including the line ":fs#00340:" in the printcap,
which (according to the spooler documentation) should cause the
printer to be opened in RAW mode.  It has zero effect.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Please?

				Andrew Gideon
				Gideon at SU-Score.arpa

P.S.	Network printers do NOT use the kernal's printer driver
	in our setup.

-------