rts/cts on 3b2 tty ports

Skip Addison skip at gatech.CSNET
Fri May 17 00:23:05 AEST 1985

In article <1345 at amdcad.UUCP> Phil writes:
>In article <388 at gitpyr.UUCP> robert at gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) writes:
>>
>>We just got a few 3B2s donated from AT&T and I'm trying to get the tty ports
>>to talk to an Ungermann-Bass network using hardware flow-control.  The network
>>implements ... the standard EIA-RS232 lines RTS and CTS
>
>That's gross. You should use XON/XOFF for flow control.
> Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720

We normally use XON/XOFF flow control, but uucp is gross.  It expects a full
8-bit data path.  So do some some other applications, particularly graphics.
We'd still like to hear about possible solutions.

--
"Here I stand, for I can do no other."   -- Martin Luther
The Office of Telecommunications and Networking