Help with BSD 4.2!!

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Mon May 20 03:18:30 AEST 1985

> I have been trying to make a BSD 4.2 - configured program to
> work on System V.
> There are discrepancies between #include files in /usr/include
> and /usr/include/sys on two systems.

Understatement of the year.

> One thing I do not have is BSD 4.2 #include file wait.h.

That just defines the form of the status word returned by wait(2).
The odds are good that you can just do the normal things with wait(2).

> Another is CBREAK #define'd somewhere in /usr/include/* or /usr/include/*/*.

This is from 7th Edition UNIX and is a bit in sg_flags that puts the
keyboard handler into "half-cooked" mode.  Simulate it by turning off
ICANON in the termio struct.