rts/cts - a tutorial on flow control

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Thu May 30 10:54:02 AEST 1985

In article <5633 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
>> > when they first started. Their 3101 terminal has a female 25 pin connector,
>> > which is wrong. ...
>>
>> Why is a female connector on a DTE terminal port wrong???
>> As far as ASYNC-only devices go, a male DTE connector is quite rare.

My H19 is male. My VT100 is male. My VT220 is male. My IBM-PC serial
port is male. My IBM 7171 protocol converter is male. All my VAX serial
ports are male. All this equipment is DTE and conforms to the RS-232
standard. I don't think male DTE connectors are rare at all.
--
 What do you do the day after a peak experience?

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil at decwrl.ARPA