Help with BSD 4.2!!

Alexis Dimitriadis alexis at reed.UUCP
Fri May 31 19:10:26 AEST 1985

> CBREAK was part of the V7 terminal driver that the
> 4.xBSD driver is based on.  Turning CBREAK on is equivalent to turning
> ICANON off.  WARNING: programs written for the V7 driver or V7-based drivers
> like the 4.xBSD driver use TIOCGETP and TIOCSETP "ioctl"s (or the "gtty" and
> "stty" calls which are equivalent) with "struct sgttyb" structures.  System
> {III,V} have these "ioctl"s (as well as "gtty" and "stty") BUT 1) they are not
> compatible with the V7 calls and 2) they are described as "conversion
> aide(s) (sic) only" in the comments in the S{3,5} terminal driver.

  Could some kind guru post a list of the corresponding calls for each
enviroment?  What IS the SysV equivalent to turning on the CBREAK bit?
(call, types of arguments, and constant names!).
A neat little list of the most common operations and their
counterparts would be really handy.

Thanks,
Alexis Dimitriadis
  As soon as I get a full time job, the opinions expressed above
will attach themselves to my employer, who will never be rid of
them again.

             alexis @ reed

	         ...teneron! \
...seismo!ihnp4! - tektronix! - reed.UUCP
     ...decvax! /