Unix and user friendy systems

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Tue May 28 14:48:15 AEST 1985

In article <11048 at brl-tgr.ARPA> munck at mitre-bedford.ARPA writes:
> ... Source
>code SHOULD BE written for human beings, who are its most frequent and
>expensive readers ...

As long as writing readable source code doesn't "prevent" you from ever
writing the documentation.  One of my friends, whenever he is asked how
something works, replies "Read the code!".  He rarely writes
documentation.  As a user of a piece of code, I would rather see
well-written *CORRECT* documentation and unreadable code than readable
code and NO documentation.
--
=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas at utah-cs.ARPA)
	"There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy, and the tired."