ACC X.25 Unibus card reviews sought

Steve Dyer sdyer at bbnccv.UUCP
Tue May 21 23:04:43 AEST 1985

We need X.25 VC capability on our 4.2BSD VAXes, and have been considering
ACC's "intelligent" X.25 cards.  Our gateway group has had some experience
with their LSI-11 X.25 interfaces, and they advised us to speak to some
satisfied VAX customers before purchasing the board.  Anyone out there?
My local ACC sales rep has been stonewalling me, a fact which doesn't bode
well for the board.

Interactive has the "INcard", an ACC UMC-Z80 card with ISC's own proprietary
X.25 implementation in PROM.  Our local CSNET group has had pretty good
luck with these, though it is rather expensive (~$12K.)  Further comments
on this product are welcome, too.
--
/Steve Dyer
{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!sdyer