funny filenames

jeffrey w percival jwp at uwmacc.UUCP
Thu May 23 04:33:11 AEST 1985

Here's a problem that hasn't been covered in this discussion yet.
I have a file (2.9BSD) with a funny name.  I can type "od -c ."
to see the entry in the directory, and it looks like this:

   \t 360 200 035 002 \0 \0 \0 \0 and so on.

"ls" gives me a "    ????" and ll gives "./    ???? not found"
"rm -i *" says "not found" and passes right by this file, not
giving me a chance to remove it interactively.  I even tried a recursive
remove on the whole directory, non-interactively even, and all was
removed BUT this file.  Even unlink(2) needs a file name.  Any ideas?

--
	Jeff Percival ...!uwvax!uwmacc!jwp