Saving rotated jokes unrotated

Neal Bedard neal at weitek.UUCP
Wed May 22 18:45:55 AEST 1985

	The one way I have found thus far to get at joke rotation is to
invoke `postnews' (on our 4.2 Bsd site) and go thru the motions of posting
text to net.jokes. YECCHH!!!

I'm assuming you know how to use postnews. The steps are:

	1. Save the joke in rotated form from readnews (or equiv.)
           in a file.

	2. Invoke postnews, by exiting readnews or by posting a followup
	   article.

	3. When prompted for "newsgroups", enter net.jokes. This is
	   crucial, as postnews will send rotated text to this group only.

	4. While in the editor, read the file saved above in (1) into the
	   text to be posted.

	5. Exit the editor. Postnews will ask:

		Can this be offensive to anyone ? [n]:

	Enter `y'.

	The previously rotated text will now be unrotated.

	6. postnews will now ask :

		What now ? [send, edit, list, quit, write]

	Write text into a file. Then quit.

Voila! rotated joke saved in readable form.
Maybe someone knows a better way. I'm listening...

 -Neal B.

"Your karma ran over my dogma"
"And so Jung, too..."
"Kant you do anything?"