rts/cts - a tutorial on flow control

Alan M. Marcum marcum at rhino.UUCP
Wed May 29 10:09:40 AEST 1985

In article <1808 at ukma.UUCP> edward at ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>In article <879 at sdcsvax.UUCP>, brian at sdcsvax.UUCP (Brian Kantor) writes:
>> Hayes modems, for example, use timing and a sequence of characters....
>> 	Brian Kantor	UC San Diego
>
>	Go read your manual!!
>	Why do you think the 3 second time is required before and after...
>NOTE: The comments are based on ownership of a Prometheus ProModem 1200, which
>	emulates a Hayes.
>edward

Many times, "compatible" modems (terminals, ...) aren't really.  I've
seen many instances when a "compatible" modem, or a modem which
"emulates" some other modem, either adds a few nice whistles, or is
compatible on only some stuff.  Indeed, read the manual FOR YOUR
MODEM!
--
Alan M. Marcum		Fortune Systems, Redwood City, California
...!ihnp4!fortune!rhino!marcum