4.2 on 8600 (repeat)

Steve D. Miller steve at tove.UUCP
Thu Nov 21 00:37:34 AEST 1985

   We're running 4.3 on our 8600; I think that Chris Torek had to do a bit
of hacking to get out particular tty xface going (it's a dmz-32) , but other
than that, it ran right off.

   It's pretty amazing (the 8600, that is...not that 4.3 isn't neat,
too) -- it takes 15 minutes from "config BRILLIG" to the time
the "make vmunix" is done, and that's compiling a vmunix from scratch.
The first time we compiled one, we all stood around and said, "WOW!!"
This compile took about 1/8th the time it takes on a 750 (also a 4.3
machine).  Nice.

	-Steve

--
Spoken: Steve Miller 	ARPA:	steve at mimsy.umd.edu	Phone: +1-301-454-4251
CSNet:	steve at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!steve