Seeking Help re Ingres (RTI's)

840033@G.Pavlov pavlov at hscfvax.UUCP
Sun Nov 10 17:46:27 AEST 1985

 I would very much appreciate information (based on experience) re RTI's
 ("commercial" version) Ingres for Un*x-based systems.

 We are considering purchasing it: it is reasonably complete and is reasonably
 fast.

 HOWEVER: we have received feedback (primarily from VAX VMS sites) that it does
          not fare well, speed-wise, under multi-user conditions - it suffers
          from inordinate degradation.

 Please let me know your experiences with this, if you have Ingres on a Unix
 system.  ESPECIALLY if you have made formal (even informal) comparisons to
 Oracle.

 I will be happy to call you on the telephone if you send me a message with
 your phone number.

 Much thanks,   greg pavlov, FSTRF, Amherst, N.Y.  716-837-4000