crypt -s?

Martin M Lacey martinl at molihp.UUCP
Fri Nov 29 09:34:02 AEST 1985

>Upon looking at the sources for crypt(1) I noticed the the undocumented
>-s (secure_flag).  Does anyone no the exact purpose of this?
>
>Also there is a way to stop people from finding the password sent to crypt
>via ps(1), w(1), and sps(l). This is quite useful when using a shell script
>to encrypt a whole directory.

>Doug Boyce   Daemen College, Amherst NY

	Gee, Doug:

    Hey, do you really have the source for crypt ??? (rhetorical question).
    Actually, if it at all possible, I would very much like a copy.
    I think others might also learn a bit from reading such material.

    Thanx in advance (if it is possible to show this without
    infringing (sp?) on someone or somethings rights  :-) ).

			Martin the Magician.