Sundays

Dave Seaman ags at pucc-h
Sat Nov 23 05:02:33 AEST 1985

>>>It is now over 15
>>>years since ISO decided that Monday is the first day of the
>>>week. Hence, we can number the days 0-6 or 1-7, but Monday
>>>should be first!
>>>
>> For several hundred years sunday has been the first day of the
>>week. Look at any calandar[sic].
>>
> For several thousand years Sunday has been the last day of the
>week.  Look at any bible.

What bible even mentions "Sunday"?  The bible only refers to the
"Sabbath", which is the seventh day of the week.  This is why Jews
(it's their bible, after all) celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday.

The calendar does not lie.  Sunday is the first day of the week.
--
Dave Seaman	  {decvax|harpo|ihnp4|inuxc|seismo|ucbvax}!pur-ee!pucc-h!ags