UNIX Engine

kimery at wdl1.UUCP kimery at wdl1.UUCP
Sat Nov 9 03:51:13 AEST 1985

/***** wdl1:net.unix / gatech!jfp /  6:49 am  Nov  7, 1985*/
}I am looking for information on a UNIX engine that has 12 processors,
}runs at 4 MIPS, and sells for around $250,000. I believe it has a
}name that starts with an S. Any information on such a machine would
}be greatly appreciated.
}Please note that this is not a trivial pursuit question!!!

What a waste of processors!  If you are looking for a 4 MIP unix
machine you should consider the ELXSI machine.  It starts out in a
ONE processor config that runs 4 MIP and progress to a 10 CPU machine
that runs at 40 MIPS!  (yes, a 100% gain for each proccessor).  The
one cpu machine is upgradable a cpu at a time through 10.  As far as
pricing goes, I can't recall details.

By the way, this machine runs a System V port.

* I have no link to ELXSI, except as an interested bystander....

			Sam Kimery
			fortune!wdl1!kimery
			or
			kimery at ford-wdl1