Red Ryder and VI

William L. Rupp rupp at tetra.UUCP
Thu Nov 21 10:04:44 AEST 1985

I have been trying to communicate from my Mac at home with the UNIX 4.2
system where I work.  I am using Red Ryder.  My Mac has 128K, and the modem
is a 1200 baud Volksmodem.  I can login correctly, and evn
begin a vi session.  The trouble is that some of the vi commands do not
work properly with Red Ryder.  Using the command key as Control, I try to
invoke various keystroke sequences, but unexpected results sometimes occur.
The same thing happens with Red.

Is anybody familiar with this problem?  Are the bugs in Red Ryder
perhaps the culprit?  Finally, would I be better off using MacTerminal?