How does litout work

Ron Janzen ron at oscvax.UUCP
Tue Nov 26 03:31:37 AEST 1985

I remember a few months ago there was some discussion on how
the LITOUT mode that is available in the tty driver worked.
At the time I paid only marginal attention to the discussion
but I now need to now how it works. I seem to recall that LITOUT
was slightly buggy and you had to go thru some special contortions
to get it to work properly. For those who do not know LITOUT supposedly
provides a full 8-bit path for output (like RAW) but still maintains
flow control (like CBREAK). If someone could send me the magical incantations
to make LITOUT work properly I would be forever grateful. We are
running bsd4.1 on a Vax750.

Thanks in advance,
--
Ron Janzen