UUCP over a TAC?

Jordan Brown bilbo.jbrown at ucla-locus.ARPA
Fri Nov 8 01:42:36 AEST 1985

> TACs are not and can not be made to work in a transparent mode.

I hate to be disagreeable, but I've used MODEM7 over a TAC with fine results.
There's a program called MMODEM or something like that at MIT-MC which does
all the work - modifies your connection to binary, transfers the file, and
puts it back to ordinary mode.  Only problem I had was that with the network
delays my micro kept timing out; when I told it (a 4mhz Z80) that it was
running at 25mhz it was willing to wait much longer and everything was fine.