Info needed on pseudo TTYs in SysV

Brian Lloyd wb6rqn at yojna1.UUCP
Thu Nov 7 08:01:36 AEST 1985

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR INSIPID BLATHERING ***

I have a stream of data coming in on a standard TTY port.  This stream
consists of several multiplexed TTY sessions.  I need to demux this stream
(not a problem), and feed the demuxed outputs to several pseudo TTYs (a
problem).  On the other side, I need to take the streams from the pseudo
TTYs, multiplex them into a single stream, and send it out the standard
TTY.  I need all the standard UNIX utilities to run from a pseudo TTY.

1.  Is what I want to do possible in UNIX SysV?

2.  How do I make use of pseudo TTYs?

3.  Does anyone have any sample C code that does anything like this?

Thank you in advance.

Brian Lloyd
...![bellcore|cp1]!yojna1!wb6rqn