Sundays

Mike Woods mike at rlvd.UUCP
Thu Nov 28 22:05:13 AEST 1985

In article <402 at erisun.UUCP> leif at erisun.UUCP (Leif Samuelsson) writes:

>Would anyone on the net claim that Sunday is not part
>of the week-end?

No, but I would point out that like a piece of string, the week has
two ends.

I think this discussion has become a bit of a waste of time. The
point of the matter is that the beginning of the week, year, month,
time is a subjective assessment by individuals. When most individual
agree on one point to start it is accepted as a convention (de facto
standard). For a good many years there has been a convention in the
West that the week starts on Sunday. Clearly this convention no
longer seems to be generally accepted.

Mike.

P.S
How many people really observe a start of the week? I find that I
have a working week and a weekend and a working week. I find no
start or finish to any particular week.

UK JANET:	mike at uk.ac.rl.vd
UUCP:		..!mcvax!ukc!rlvd!mike