11/785 Load Phenomenon

Donald P McKay mckay at burdvax.UUCP
Thu Nov 28 13:14:43 AEST 1985

[I realize that a similar question was posted to the net a short while ago,
but we may have missed some news & I haven't seen any responses to the
original inquiry.]

We are running Berkeley 4.2 on an 11/780 and an 11/785. Rarely does the
11/785's load drop below 1 even when no one is logged on. On the 11/780, the
load can drop to .1 or below when no one or even one person is logged on.
The trivia (but not trivial :-) question I have is "Is this normal?" I realize
the 11/785 is faster but.......

Has any one had similar problems on an 11/780 or 11/785? If so, advice would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Don McKay
Research & Development
System Development Corp.
Paoli, PA

uucp: {sdcrdcf, psuvax1, presby}!burdvax!mckay