DRI agrees to change GEM

Peter da Silva peter at graffiti.UUCP
Fri Nov 1 01:10:50 AEST 1985

> Apple is hell-bent to cripple the computer industry.  Which they've been
> doing for a long time anyway (the only good thing about the IBM PC is
> that IBM's name was enough to force it past the heavy-handedness of Apple
> to prospective computer buyers that there are better computers than the Apple
> ][).

Give me a break, man. Apple *never* had a majority share of the market like
IBM does today, in fact like IBM has had for decades. You greatly over-rate
their power. If you want to point fingers at people crippling the computer
industry, look to IBM. The PC is barely a step above the old CP/M machines
that were the business computers of what you imply was the "Apple Era". For
all its failings the Mac is a step above that. Apple may currently be run by
*******s, but IBM is run by powerful *******s.
--
Name: Peter da Silva
Graphic: `-_-'