Using named revisions in RCS

Dave Olson olson at fortune.UUCP
Thu Sep 26 12:24:55 AEST 1985

Unfortunately, as distributed, there is NO way to assign a symbolic
name to the 'current' rev level of an arbitrary set of files.  I saw
this as a major lack when dealing with major software releases.  I
implemented a new option -Ssymbolic_name to do this.

The modifications are relatively minor (if, of course, you have
source :-) ).  If you would like the mods, send me mail.  If enough
people want them, I'll post them to net.sources.

	Dave Olson, Fortune Systems
	UUCP: {ihnp4,ucbvax!dual}!fortune!olson
	ARPA: dual!fortune!olson at BERKELEY