Setting TERM

John Ruschmeyer john at moncol.UUCP
Sat Sep 14 00:38:17 AEST 1985

]From: henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer)
]
]> ... in many
]> environments today, the terminals are connected through some sort of network
]> and it is not possible to know what kind of tty is connected through any
]> port....
]
]Any network (or port switch, or whatever) that isn't willing to tell you
]the connectivity so you can get this information is broken.  Caveat emptor.

Oh, well! So much for the AT&T ISN that we are buying.

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

	"Are we gonna be starcrossed lovers or just good friends?"