Vi query

Peter da Silva peter at graffiti.UUCP
Wed Sep 4 08:26:24 AEST 1985

> This would be a nice command to have while doing spelling corrections
> in a file. The following alias puts one into 'vi' with the list
> of 'misspelled' words appended. The cursor is on the last word.

Change it to:

alias sp 'spell \!* | tee /tmp/new$$ >> \!* ;\
		mv tags /tmp/old$$;\
		sed 's/^\(.*\)/\1	?\1?/' > tags;\
		rm /tmp/new$$;\
		vi + \!*\
		mv /tmp/old$$ tags'

> Now one could hit that magic key, and each word in the list could be quickly
> found and corrected. When the cursor comes full cycle (using the 'n' command),
> the word could be deleted and the process repeated until the appended list is
> exhausted.  That is as close to an automatic spelling correcter as I want
> or need.

Use the 'tag' command '^]', which uses the current word as a tag. Then, viola!
You have it. Thank you very much for showing *me* a great new application!